Corporate Social Responsibility
The Quadrise Group is committed to social, environmental and ethical stewardship when defining business practices. This statement provides an outline of the key areas of Corporate Social Responsibility which the Group and its employees are committed to when dealing with social, environmental and ethical matters in the workplace.
Directors, company employees and contractors are responsible for ensuring compliance with the following statements and agents are expected to understand and behave in line with these principles, which are to:
- Operate in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner
- Secure local support wherever we directly interact with the community
- Maintain high ethical standards in carrying out business activities in accordance with the Group Compliance Policy, Practices & Procedures (which comply with the Bribery Act 2010)
- Put safety at the forefront of our corporate culture and practices
- Provide equal employment opportunities
- Respect the rights of employees, consultants, partners and counter parties, treating them fairly and without discrimination
- Provide opportunities for training and development of our staff such that they can fully exploit their potential
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and encourage openness, fairness and trust ensuring stakeholders are satisfied with the results and the way the Group operates
- Maintain and regularly review our Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies
- Ensure that the HSE Management System is appropriate for the Group’s activities
The Quadrise Group is committed to continual improvement in all its standards and practices.Mike Kirk, Chairman
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT (HSE) POLICY
Through a process of continuous improvement, we will demonstrate our commitment to:
- Complying fully with all relevant HSE legislation, regulations, standards, guidance and codes of practice;
- Ensuring that wherever possible HSE risks and hazards are eliminated or minimised. Where this is not possible the risk/hazard identified shall be controlled commensurate with the scale of the hazard posed;
- Providing and maintaining safe plant, equipment (including PPE), systems of work and work facilities for the welfare of employees;
- Providing sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision for employees to enable them to carry out their tasks competently and safely;
- Preventing accidents and work related ill health;
- Investigating any incidents that do occur and implementing any required corrective actions;
- Ensuring visitors or members of the public are safeguarded from hazardous operations;
- Ensuring raw materials, articles and wastes are correctly handled, used and stored to avoid damage to the health of employees or the environment;
- Designing products and process facilities in such a way as to minimise their environmental impacts, in production, use and disposal;
- Providing sufficient information to ensure that our products and associated chemicals are handled, used and disposed of in line with relevant legislation;
- Maximising efficient use of raw materials and resources;
- Replacing materials, where practicable, with those deemed to be less hazardous to the environment or human health;
- Improving energy efficiency of processes and operations;
- Ensuring all wastes are minimised, or treated and disposed of in a responsible manner;
- Minimising discharges to air, water and land and monitoring any regulated discharges;
- Providing all employees with an understanding of this policy, and their responsibilities in controlling and improving performance.
Quadrise Group’s objective is to be our customers’ responsive partner in MSAR® technology and emulsion fuel; contributing to a sustainable future. Quadrise recognises the critical role it plays in the management of health and safety at work and protection of the environment as a whole. Quadrise is therefore committed to the principles of risk management, pollution prevention and undertaking its operations as a responsible corporate member of society.Mike Kirk, Chairman
Quadrise is fully aware that it operates within industries with certain inherent risks and hazards to employees, contractors, visitors, members of the public and the natural environment; as such we are committed to high standards for risk mitigation, accident prevention and control.
The company also recognises the importance of consultation, communication and participation for effective management. As such it will address the concerns of all relevant interested parties within the management system, whilst also encouraging individual employee responsibility for HSE issues.
This policy has been endorsed by the board and the senior management team, who take prime responsibility for allocating sufficient resources to ensure these objectives are achieved.